|July 27th 2010 – Intel Corporation today announced an important advance in the quest to use light beams to replace the use of electrons to carry data in and around computers.
Key points from the announcement are:
- Press Release, July 20th, 2010: Intel Milestone Confirms Light Beams Can Replace Electronic Signals For Future Computers
- Animation Video, July 20th, 2010: Silicon Photonics
- Intel Research blog: http://blogs.intel.com/research
- Intel Labs on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/intellabs
- Intel Labs on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/intellabs
- Intel Labs Europe on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000039731555
Click on pictures for full size.
For more pictures related to Intel and Bloodhound, click here to go to the Intel UK Flickr stream for SIlicon Photonics.