WHERE: Wearable Technology Show, ExCeL London; Intel booth Hall N1, #128
WHAT: Intel showcases its wide range of wearable devices with a variety of demos during the Wearable Technology Show 2015. Visit the Intel booth to experience the following demos during the event:
Discover Jo Pavey’s heartbeat (09:30 – 12:30, 10th March)
- British long-distance runner and 2014 European Championship gold medal winner will join Intel as a guest to demonstrate how the SMS Audio BiopSport heart-monitoring headphones, powered by Intel, lets people monitor their heart rate during a workout without the need for extra equipment
The Wearable Butterfly Effect (13:30 – 15:30, 10th March/ 11:00 – 13:00, 11th March)
- Join Intel for a demo of a haute couture fashion piece, designed to differentiate from the norm with the integration of technology and prepare for a surprise
WHAT ELSE: The stand will also feature demos from:
Intel’s Smart Splint
- See how the Smart Splint clearly demonstrates the evolution in traditional splint manufacturing with its modern 3D design and embedded Intel technology
- With a total of 23 integrated high intensity LEDs, self-cancelling turn indicators using Visijax’s IMASS® proprietary technology and one-touch operation, powered by a USB rechargeable Lithium-ion battery, see why Visijax’s range of Commuter jackets are the ultimate in style, comfort and safety
Finalists from Intel’s Make it Wearable Challenge, a global initiative to inspire ideas and fuel innovation that will evolve personal computing in exciting new ways:
- The runners up of the Make it Wearable initiative who created a robotic prosthetic hand that replicates advanced functionality for under $1000 will be on the stand unveiling a new prosthetic. The team will also be scanning visitors to the stand to produce 3D busts using tablets and Intel® RealSense™technology
- Designers of a discreet smart pendant that guides using directional haptic or touch feedback, understands voice commands and monitors the body
More details on Intel’s presence at the Wearable Technology Show can be found at: http://intel.ly/1CoOweQ
INTERVIEWS: Paul Stacey, Wearable Tech Marketing and Business Development Director, Intel Corporation will be available for interviews about Intel’s wearable offerings. Please contact Intel PR for more details.
CONTACTS: Perveen Akhtar, Intel UK PR Manager
Rachel Magson, +44 (0) 207 413 3218
Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) is a world leader in computing innovation. The company designs and builds the essential technologies that serve as the foundation for the world’s computing devices. As a leader in corporate responsibility and sustainability, Intel also manufactures the world’s first commercially available “conflict-free” microprocessors. Additional information about Intel is available at newsroom.intel.com and blogs.intel.com and about Intel’s conflict-free efforts at conflictfree.intel.com.
Intel and the Intel logo are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the United States and other countries.
*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.